At the Dungeon Bowl Tournament 2006 i won the Best Dugout Price for my Dugout :-)
visiting the DungeonBowl Tournament 2004 i saw some very well homemade
Blood Bowl dugouts. Well, i thought, i should try to build a Dugout
for my team, too. :)
The stoneswalls of the Dugout are made again of Hirstarts pflaster blocks. Again it seems, it was a good idea to order these molds from the US. This time i could use the new molds for the floor tiles, too.
For painting the wall parts i used normal wall paints again. I was tempted to paint the floor tiles a bit more colorful, but at the end i like the basic way more.
The Interior of the dugout i mostly made out of wood. The benchs and the coffin were fun to build. I fixed a magnet into the coffin lid and a metall strip onto the " orc body " inside. So the lid is now removable. For the letters of the single rooms i use the plastic fonts from Slater's Plastikard Moulded Plastic Alphabets .
The Number tiles for the turnmarker are done again with Hirstart molds. At first i just wanted to paint numbers at the tiles, but later i cut some plastic numbers and fixed them into the molds. It took a while casting the 24 number tiles, but they look better this way.
The " hidden room " below the numbers ... well, first i thought about building a operation room for my apothecary. but when i run out of time before the BB at Nottingham, i changed my plans and build a kind of team pub. Still there is a lot to do in this room like the fireplace, which isnt finished yet.
The detailstuff like the knifes in the KO compartment and the mugs in the hidden room i got mostly from a doll repair shop here in my town. Quite expensive items, because very little are made, but i never saw a shop like this before. The old shop is managed by a even older lady. :) I added some warhammer rats and build a small tunnel for them.
The next Blood
Bowl project should be a homemade gamefield....
|First drawings and ideas... and again the use of Hirstarts molds|
Building the "box" and "underground" basing.
Blackpriming of and drybrushing of the primed parts and a visit of "THE Hamster " :)
Scoreboard made from converted Hirstart Molds and " Greening" of the dugout
|Use of Slater´s plastic alphabets and some wood work|
|Arial views and in time ready for the BB04 at Nottingham :)|